There are so many ways to make a difference at the CCAS of Hamilton!
Because we are involved in so many activities to support children, youth, and families in Hamilton, there are lots of ways that you can help to achieve our shared vision of safe and thriving children and youth, empowered families and stronger communities.
Engage directly with children and youth in need of support
Provide financial or material support to children, youth and families in need of support through:
- OUR CHRISTMAS HAMPER PROGRAM – This program provides families and independent youth with household items, clothing, toys, dry goods, gift cards, and other needed items to help make the holidays brighter. Click here to learn more about this program.
- OUR STUDENT BURSARY PROGRAM – We provide bursaries and scholarships to young people who are currently or have previously received services from us, to help them achieve important life goals. We can do this, thanks to the generous support of corporations and individual donors. Click here to learn more about our Bursary Program. Contact Lisa Hostein at 905-525-2012 ext. 3256 with questions, or to make a donation.
Volunteer to assist with one of our events or programs
- OUR FUNDRAISING EVENTS – All of our fundraising events require a lot of work to make them successful. Consider helping out at the event, or in the weeks leading up to the event. There’s many different roles to be filled and skills to be utilized. Click here to learn more about upcoming events.
- OUR CHRISTMAS HAMPER PROGRAM – Every year, we set up a shop in our basement that our service recipients can access to ensure that everyone receives a wanted gift at Christmas. We need volunteers to staff the store and to assist with set up and take down. Click here to learn more about this program.
Join our board of directors!
- The Board of Directors of CCAS of Hamilton is responsible for the development and stewardship of our Strategic Plan, policy development, financial oversight, and operational monitoring through its oversight of the Executive Director position. The Board provides Catholic leadership and connections to the Catholic and broader communities. Click here to find out more about what is involved.
- ATTEND – Our events are a blast! Have fun, and support children, youth and families at the same time.
- SPONSOR – Event sponsors are well recognized for their support. Build your company’s community profile as a supporter of people in need in our community.
- DONATE SILENT AUCTION ITEMS – A big part of the funds raised at our events comes through silent auctions. Do you have items you could donate that would be of interest to other people?
- CONTACT – To explore any or all of these options, contact Lisa Hostein at 905-525-2012 ext. 3256.
Make a financial contribution to CCAS of Hamilton
- FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS – One of the many challenging realities that our organization faces is ever-diminishing support from the government. We are always being asked to do more with less. Cash donations to the organization enable us to go above and beyond the basics of child protection and welfare. Government funding helps us to keep children and youth safe, but private sector funding helps to ensure that they thrive, and that their families receive the best support possible. We are proud of the work we do, but we can’t do it without the support of the community. Click here to find out how to make a financial contribution.